UNSW Founders and The George Institute are partnering to deliver an accelerator program for health startups whose product or service addresses non communicable diseases in underserved markets, particularly in the developing world.
Health 10x is a tailored health entrepreneurship initiative. It is dedicated to accelerating the business growth of startups whose product or service addresses non-communicable diseases in underserved markets, particularly in the developing world. Health 10x startups will receive entrepreneurship education tailored to their level of business development, along with dedicated health modules, delivered by subject matter experts from The George Institute (TGI). For advanced startups, there will be opportunities for international travel to target markets, along with funding and ongoing incubation in UNSW’s co-working spaces.
Health Start Program
If you are accepted into Health Start, you’ll receive:
- 10 weeks (Tuesdays only) of tailored of tailored startup and health courses to provide participants with relevant knowledge and tools for successful commercialisation of their solution
- Validation of your business idea/solution by working with experienced mentors and other startups at a similar stage of development
Health Accelerator Program
If you are accepted into the Health Accelerator, you’ll receive:
- $20k in funding as a SAFE agreement
- 10 weeks of accelerated learning from industry and startup experts
- A trip to India to get exposure to the healthcare sector in a key emerging market
- A trip to the U.S to participate in intensive workshops
- Co-working space with UNSW Founders in Residence for 6 months after the program
- A slot at 10x Demo Day to pitch your startup to investors
- Founders and co-founders of startups whose product or service addresses non-communicable diseases and can be applied in underserved markets.
- Founders who want to become more resilient, learn how to build traction and how to scale.
- Founders who want to participate in an intensive modular program. Each week you’ll learn new techniques to practice and implement.
- Founders keen to access UNSW’s and TGI's outstanding network of founders, alumni and mentors with domain expertise.
- You are a founder or co-founder of a currently operating startup.
- Your startup has at least one co-founder who is a UNSW student, staff or alum, or an affiliate of TGI.
- You have a proof of concept, prototype or MVP.
- You can commit to participating in the program for up to the full 20 weeks (1 Day per week in the Health Start program and working full-time on your startup during the Health Accelerator program)
- You’re prepared to sign the Founders Pledge to give back to the UNSW Entrepreneurship community.
- 15 teams selected to participate in 10 week pre-accelerator program.
Dedicated health commercialisation modules developed by TGI.
6 teams with advanced ideas graduate to flagship accelerator.
- Applications close 19 May 2019.
- Selected teams will be notified 24 May 2019.
- Program commences 4 June 2019.
- Program concludes 25 October 2019.
- Demo night 30 October 2019.