The Founders New Wave program addresses the underrepresentation of women in entrepreneurship by empowering UNSW students, staff or alumni who identify as women to launch startups.
Addressing the underrepresentation of women in entrepreneurship, New Wave offers UNSW students, staff and alumni who identify as women, at any stage of their journey, access to skills-building workshops, expert masterclasses and industry-leading mentors to form, refine and test their startup ideas.
New Waves runs for two weeks, twice annually in the term breaks during which participants will:
- Form teams with like-minded women and collaborate on an idea
- Learn essential entrepreneurial skills like pitching, leadership and design thinking
- Learn from experts who will deliver master classes on how to create a startup
- Be guided by industry leading mentors
- Pitch at an online showcase event to industry leaders and win amazing prizes (including $1,500 for the winning team)
- Build confidence, make friends and have fun!
New Wave is for UNSW students, staff or alumni who identify as women.
You don't need a startup idea to apply. Sign up as a team (optimal number three (3) members, with the team leader a UNSW student, staff or alumni), or on your own and we will help you form a team.
To be eligible for New Wave, you must:
- Identify as a woman; and are an
- Existing UNSW student enrolled in an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD program; or an
- Alumni of UNSW (i.e. graduated from an undergraduate or postgraduate UNSW program); or
- UNSW academic staff (subject to the terms outlined in the UNSW staff startup policy); and
- 18 years or older.
New Wave Info Session
Want to find out more?
Hear past participants share their experiences at the New Wave Info Session on April 20.