New Wave Founders
Are you a female founder looking for inspiration, mentorship and support from some of the most successful women in the ecosystem?
What is New Wave Founders?
New Wave Founders aims to address the gender gap in entrepreneurship by launching more female-led startups on campus, as well as connecting female students and alumnae with the right industry mentors during their startup journey. New Wave Founders runs three programs:
- The Startup Incubator.
- The Syndicate Program.
- The Brunch Club.
The Startup Incubator
The Startup Incubator offers promising female founders the opportunity to test the viability of their innovative idea and to build strong entrepreneurial skills. During the program, you will create their own website, conduct market research, cold-call potential clients, perfect your pitch and potentially win your first customer!
The Syndicate offers female founders with an established startup access to a network of inspiring businesswomen to support and challenge.
Founders are placed in a group with two other UNSW female founders with businesses at a similar stage of maturity. The syndicate then meets on a monthly basis to discuss wins and potential barriers.
Every three months, founders will attend board meetings with some of Australia's top investors, consultants and entrepreneurs, opening doors to invaluable new connections.
Who is New Wave for?
- All women students, staff and recent alumnae (up to 5 years) who are motivated to develop their entrepreneurship skills and meet like-minded women.
- Program requirements vary.
- The Startup Incubator is tailored for idea-stage ventures. Applicants must present an innovative new idea as part of their application process.
- The Syndicate Program is tailored for female founders with established startups at any level of growth.
- The Brunch Club is open to all UNSW women!
Contact Program Manager Mary Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org)