New Wave Founders
Are you a female founder in the making?
What is New Wave Founders?
New Wave Founders aims to address the gender gap in entrepreneurship by empowering UNSW women who are students, staff or alumni to launch startups.
During the 2 week term break participants will:
- Form teams with like-minded women and work together on an idea. Pitch at a showcase event to industry leaders and win amazing prizes (including $1500 for the winning team)
- Learn essential entrepreneurial skills like pitching, networking and design thinking
- Learn from experts who will deliver master classes on how to create a startup
- Be guided by industry leading mentors
- Visit some of the coolest global tech companies
- Attend events to network, make friends and have fun!
Anyone can apply regardless of whether they have an idea - we will help you to form a team.
Applications close on 11th of August at 11pm
New Wave is open to UNSW students, alumni or staff who identify as women.
30th August (evening) - Program Kick-off where you will form teams
2nd - 6th September (9am - 5pm) - Week 1 of programming
9th - 13th September (9am - 5pm) - Week 2 of programming
19th September (evening) - Showcase event where you will pitch your ideas
Contact our team here.